November 7, 2007
Examples of What You Can Do with FaveBot
FaveBot searches the web and discovers new content matching your favorite things. Just set up the list of what you want to track and FaveBot will do the searching for you, day after day.
Here are some example to give you an idea of what you can with FaveBot. Let’s say I sign up as user named MikeInNewYork. I want to track events near me (in New York City) so I enter my location. Then I set up my tracking list which could contain any or all of the following:
- News, videos (highlights), photos, newly released DVDs and events (games) near me for my favorite sports teams and athletes. (e.g. Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Blue Devils, Ronaldinho)
- New music (CDs & MP3s) releases by my favorite musicians. I can enter a list manually or import all my artists from iTunes.
- For the musicians that I really like I also want to track concerts (events), YouTube videos, podcasts, new DVDs, news articles, photos and podcasts. (e.g. Alicia Keys, Foo Fighters, Kanye West)
- Blog posts, news, podcasts & video about stocks / companies in my portfolio (Amazon.com Inc, AAPL, Under Armour, Inc.)
- Events, new books & DVDs related to some of my hobbies. (e.g. Tai-Chi, cooking, photography)
- News, blog posts, events, videos & podcasts about my favorite (or least favorite) politicians. (e.g. Barack Obama)
- Photos & videos of my favorite places (Hawaii), people (Angelina Jolie) & things (Ferrari)
- New books and local appearances (events) by my favorite authors (e.g. John Grisham) and artists (Annie Leibovitz)
- Many other things — whatever topics I blog about, info about some place I want to visit, product reviews, etc.
The results of my trackings list shows up as my continuously updated “discoveries” on the “My Discoveries” tab.